I know Cinco de Mayo is really just another reason to get drunk in the US. It's basically like St. Patrick's Day. No one really knows what were celebrating, but major alcohol is called into play.
We did have Tacos though! How very festive of us!
And I made Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars. (I googled Mexican Desserts and this one sounded great)
It was really easy too!
You can see the Sopapilla Cheesecake being made at 7:24 in the video below.
1. Preheat an Oven to 350 degress.
2. In a bowl, blend together cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar and the vanilla.
3. Take a 9" x 13" Buttered Baking Pan.
4. Unroll 1 of the cans of crescent rolls into the bottom of the pan.
5. Place the cream cheese mixture on top of the Crescent Rolls.
6. Cover the Cream Cheese with the other can of unrolled crescent rolls.
7. In another bowl, combine remaining sugar, cinnamon and butter.
8. Dot the cinnamon mixture on top of the crescent rolls.
9. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
10. Optional : Drizzle on Honey.
11. Set Aside to cool.
12. Once cooled, cut into squares.
The Husband & I went to party this weekend in the neighboring city of Casey Key. We had a little time to spare before the party, so, we took a little drive over to The Jetties.
The water and weather were absolutely gorgeous this weekend.
Altogether, I would say my husband and I had a great weekend. How was yours spent?!